To most of us, a boiler is a vital part of our daily lives, essentially running every day from the moment it is installed in your home. And because you’ll have it running or a long time, it’s best that you prepare for the possible consequences of its wear and tear.
One way of doing this is by making sure you are getting the best deal possible when it comes to the standard boiler warranty, which usually covers a certain warranty period beginning on the day you have your new boiler installed. A long-term warranty is handy, especially if you don’t want to deal with a boiler emergency on your hands.
If you have recently purchased a new Ideal boiler, or are simply curious about what is covered by the warranty on your old boiler from Ideal, this guide is for you! Here, we are going to discuss the standard boiler guarantee granted by Ideal. You will also learn about getting an extended warranty, boiler warranty registration, keeping your Ideal boiler warranty valid, and many more.
Find the best local plumbers in the UK!
Ideal: A Heating Authority
Ideal Boilers, a boiler manufacturer since the early 1900s, has become a household name known for meeting the evolving central heating system and hot water needs of many homeowners in the UK. They offer a wide range of boilers, each suitable to your specific needs.
They can provide you with a combi boiler, a standard gas boiler, an electric boiler, a system boiler, a condensing boiler, or any other kind of boiler you need. Ideal also offers radiators, heat pump and heat pump accessories, hot water cylinder, and many more.
To compare and identify which kind of boiler is best suitable for you, visit Ideal Boilers’ website.
Ideal’s Standard Boiler Warranty
A new boiler from Ideal always comes with a standard warranty. It covers any manufacturing issue (i.e., mechanical or electrical breakdowns due to defective materials or quality) which could have originated from the boiler itself. Typically an Ideal Boiler warranty lasts from two years to 10 years, depending on the type of boiler you purchase.
This warranty period, however, may be shortened to 12 months if you fail to register your warranty within 30 days of purchasing your boiler.
If the company finds that their standard warranty covers you, you will be eligible to get boiler parts and labour repair services, or a replacement boiler, all free of charge.
Do note though, that if Ideal deems that the defect, damage, or breakdown was caused by user misuse, third party interference, accidents, or inadequate servicing and maintenance of the boiler, the boiler warranty will be void.
How To Register Your Boiler Warranty
As mentioned above, registering your warranty within the 30 days of your purchase is vital to keeping your original warranty period because failure to do so will cut it down to twelve months. Here’s how to register your boiler warranty:
Visit the Ideal website and click “Register Warranty.” Complete all sections and submit to register your boiler. Alternatively, you may call Ideal’s customer service team at 01482 498660. Take note of the boiler serial number, as it will be required for both methods of registration.
How To Keep Your Ideal Warranty Valid
Aside from those mentioned above, there are a few more things that could render you warranty void. To prevent these from happening, take note of the following:
- Make sure your boiler is installed and commissioned with 12 months of manufacture by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Moreover, the boiler should be installed following the guidelines in the installation and servicing booklet that is provided with the boiler.
- The Benchmark commissioning sheet must be accomplished by the installer and left with your boiler.
- To make sure that your Ideal boiler warranty starts from the date of installation, you must provide proof of purchase. Otherwise, the warranty will begin from the manufacture date.
- A Gas Safe registered engineer should annually be servicing your Ideal boiler. Not only is this a crucial step in keeping valid your boiler warranty, but it will also make sure you won’t have to pay for costly repairs in the future.
- You may not move your boiler from its place of installation without consent from the manufacturer.
Connect with the best local plumbers and boiler engineers near you
Getting An Extended Boiler Warranty
Companies like Ideal also offer extended warranty for some of their customers. To extend your Ideal boiler warranty, you may:
- Get your Ideal boiler installed by an accredited installer or heating engineer. Many accredited installers may be able to offer you a longer guarantee, thanks to the points system Ideal has with their accredited installers.
- Ask if Ideal is offering promotional warranties, which means the standard warranty is extended, free of charge. This is something that Ideal sometimes does, so be sure to ask, as you may be lucky enough to have bought your boiler at the right time!
It would also be wise to get an Ideal boiler that has a long standard warranty period. Some models you may want to check out are:
- Ideal Logic Max Combi Boiler
- Ideal Vogue Max Combi Boiler
- Ideal Logic Max Heat Regular Gas Boiler
- Ideal Vogue Max System Gas Boiler
If you need help in deciding which Ideal boiler is the best for you or are simply in need of a Gas Safe heating engineer to service and maintain your Ideal boiler, do not hesitate to reach out to Plumbingforce!